SO Webking Pete did some well needed maintenance to the both this site and our parent site MUSCLETOWER. What that meant was this shit was down for a little bit. But now we're back and I can go back to writing about shitting in toilets and My Little Pony animations. So first, some updates, including the date for when you can see the first teaser poster for Destroy All Slackers!
Ok so if you haven't been following my Twitter then you probably don't know that I'm about to have a kid. My girlfriend Katie is going to be induced tomorrow night, so I'll have a son Monday morning. That's 75% of the reasons why I haven't been very active on the burger blog. The other 25% is that I've been swamped with work on Destroy All Slackers that I'm trying to get done before the baby arrives.
All the voices are recorded, I've been piecing them together for the past three weeks and I just started adding sound effects and music. Right now a lot of the scenes are listenable and if you close your eyes you can see it in your head, it's really cool. This is my first time editing sound on this level, I've previously edited sound for the skits on my albums and other small projects, but this is the first time I've done a movie of this scale. Because of this I'm having someone check over my work and fix any mistakes I may have made, as well as master the final product. I'm hoping the entire audio for the movie will be done by the end of the summer.
As for the visual element of the flick, Kat's been working hard on model sheets and concept artwork. Her shit is REALLY good and honestly the only way I can describe the look of Destroy All Slackers is like Mission Hill meets Megas XLR meets Gorillaz. She's a fucking machine, you input what you want and she makes it fucking better than you wanted. Sounds good right? Guessing you wanna know when you can see some artwork for yourself?
WELL GUESS WHAT ASSHOLE? I'll be revealing the first teaser poster next week on Saturday July 14th, 2012 a.k.a. my birthday!
That's right. I'll be revealing the first teaser poster, it doesn't show off much but it'll give you a feel for the look of the movie. That'll be right here at dudegurlz.com next Saturday.
I'm really excited to be able to see Destroy All Slackers happening like it is, especially considering all the hard work we've all been putting into it. I know, a lot of you have been e-mailing me asking if you can lend a hand and I'm not purposely ignoring you I'm just holding off until I know exactly what's happening with the art and animation. Right now I'm focused on the sound, so I'm working on that while approving artwork from Kat. She's shaping the look of the movie, and once that look is completely shaped I'll contact some of you for some volunteer work to help us out.
God, the hardest part about updating the site is making a god damn image for the update.
Anyways, I digress, I might update the site today with another old fashioned funny story, but for right now that's where I am with all my work. If you're upset that I don't make with the funny here on the blog, please follow my [offsite-url=http://www.twitter.com/DudeGurlz]Twitter[/offsite-url] because I'm always tweeting and retweeting funny shit on there.
There was something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember for the life of me what that was, oh well. I guess I'll talk to you guys later.
OH WAIT! Add this site to your bookmarks, we're going to add a lot of cool stuff to it eventually - [offsite-url=http://www.destroyallslackers.com/]Destroy All Slackers[/offsite-url]
There's not much there now but we'll be updating it with some cool shit like character bios and plot synopsis and stuff, this is all leading up to the eventual Kickstarter initiative we plan on taking when we need to drum up funds. It's easy enough to get voice actors, artists, indie bands, and sound editors who want to volunteer their efforts for the movie for free but the actual animation is going to cost us a pretty penny, so once we have something cool to show off we're gonna ask you people to open your wallets to us.
Video Games, Movies, Comics, Gurlz, Lunch, Money - All the important things in life.
Welcome to Kail's Big Time Burger Joint! We're the go-to blog for all your burger needs, as well as good friends and great conversation.
[center]Open Daily! 9 AM to 11 PM
Site's Back Up? Oh Shit, Guess I Should Write Something
Posted by Kail on July 7, 2012 at 7:54 AM
You must be logged in with an active forum account to post comments.